Location: Currently located in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Previously worked from Provo, Utah.
Activities: Started developing for Ethereal in late 2000. Expanded Gilbert Ramirez's initial dissector for Novell's NetWare Core Protocol (NCP). The dissector was expanded to include a majority of publicly documented NCP functions. After many years and much learning I was granted core team membership in early 2006 (At the same time that Gerald moved companies ).
My primary focus is on the Novell related protocols and current dissectors including.
- NetWare Core Protocol - NCP
Extensions to the NCP dissector add additional Novell protocols:
- Novell Directory Services - NDS (NCP Functions 104,x)
- Novell Modular Authentication Services - NMAS (NCP Functions 94,x)
- Novell Secret Store Services - SSS (NCP Functions 92,x)
Advanced feature set of the NCP dissector:
- Packet Signature
- NDS Fragment Reply Packet Reassembly
- NDS Entry ID to Name Lookups
Expert options added to track specific conditions: (Enable/disable in NCP protocol preferences)
- Error/Return Codes
- True NCP conversation tracking by task ID
- NDS Entry ID to Name table
- Server Information
- File open/close/lock activity
The following is a listing of other Novell specific dissector work:
- Novell Distributed Print Services - NDPS
- Novell Cluster Services - NCS
In addition to the work done on Novell specific dissectors a number of other dissectors have been modified to handle Novell specific conditions… This work includes
- BOOTP/ DHCP
Finally, my work has not been limited to just dissection of protocol data. I have also submitted a number of GUI enhancements.
- Composite Expert Information
- Find by (hex or string)
- Copy to system paste buffer
Imported from https://wiki.wireshark.org/GregMorris on 2020-08-11 23:14:21 UTC