Update 0.99.2/0.99.3 info.
Completed another point of the roadmap
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 77:||Line 77:|
|* Determine our [http://www.bis.doc.gov/Licensing/Do_I_NeedAnECCN.html ECCN status] (in progress)|
|Line 85:||Line 84:|
|* Determine our [http://www.bis.doc.gov/Licensing/Do_I_NeedAnECCN.html ECCN status], which [http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/200607/msg00303.html is done]|
This is a tentative roadmap for stable releases of Wireshark up to 1.0 and beyond. It is by no means final, and there is no timeline.
- April 24, 2006
- Fix security-related Coverity bugs
- Add some reasonable example files for filters, rules, .... (Done in 14595)
- Fix Bugzilla "blocker" bugs
- Updated Lua for Windows. (GNU TLS/libgcrypt will be added pending an ECCN assignment from the U.S. Department of Commerce)
The 0.99.1 release has been abandoned, as discussed in [http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/200607/msg00001.html this thread] on the wireshark-dev list.
- July 17, 2006
- TCP reassembly updates
- Update the Net-SNMP library in the Windows distribution to 22.214.171.124.
- Fix blocker bugs:
[http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=852 852] - Follow TCP stream crashes on particular data with X Window System error
[http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=757 757] - Crashes when multiple tap interfaces exist
[http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=967 967] - crash on fuzzed SNMP capture
- Add the Portaudio library to the Windows distribution.
- Copy over the following revisions:
17862, 17863, 17867, 17886, 17909, 17968, 17979
utf_8to16() overflow fix
18024, 18046, 18050
Guard page fix for WinOT
File export fixes
Fix bug 896 by using tcp_dissect_pdus() .
FIX protocol fix
Ring buffer byte count
Fix the buildbot crash
HTTP tap mem leak
emem struct naming
Fix Bug 916 PurgeMS decoding error in GSM MAP.
fix "Dissector bug, Protocol H248"
fix for coverity bug 156
Fix bug 833 (remove 'dead' code flagged by Coverity);
Fix for bug 924. Adding preference whether to check the DVMRP V3 Major/Minor version.
Help+documentation update for DCT2000
ESP dissection fix
Fix Bug 938 ISUP IAM message marked as Malformed packet - Location number without address digits wrongly decoded.
Make "oct" in "dis_field_ud()" a guint8, as we never stuff anything bigger than an 8-bit value in it, and guint is too big as we pass something based on it to a routine expecting a guint16.
dissect_diameter_tcp should be static void
- adds application/xpidf+xml as a media type known to be xml...
Fix bug 951 UMA: message URR_RELEASE not decoded corretly and 952 UMA: IE length-field of UMA-message can always be 2 bytes
Fix BUGs: 955 UMA: Handover Command message not decoded. 956 UMA: multirate-configuration not decoded correctly .957 UMA: Received Signal Level List not decoded.
- Version checking.
- Windows updater.
- Add GNU TLS and libgcrypt to the Windows installer
- Fix blocker bugs:
[http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=396 396] - Saving flow data crashes Wireshark
[http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=699 699] - "Order" buttons not working properly in Coloring Rules window
- TCP reassembly updates
Determine our [http://www.bis.doc.gov/Licensing/Do_I_NeedAnECCN.html ECCN status], which [http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/200607/msg00303.html is done]
- Use the "User's Guide" as the online help system for Wireshark releases
- Finish TCP reassembly
- make plugin ABI stable, so binary plugins will be working with more than one Wireshark version
- Finish the native Windows interface and integrate it with the main trunk
- Make the capture filter syntax the same as the display filter syntax?
- Add privilege separation for dissection
- Add thread/multiprocessor support
... well, maybe all the points mentioned in the WishList!
- Security improvements (see also: ["Security"])
- Add privilege separation for POSIX environments (in progress)
- Add a similar mechanism for the Windows environment
- Enhance the API to make it easier to write secure code (e.g. add tvb_get_gstring())?
- Documentation of library API's (e.g. wiretap)
- Make some of the plugins regular dissectors?
Solve the Preferences/Filter "Save" button confusion. That's the last one on my "personal GUI list" that's regular confusing newbies IMHO. Maybe it's simply solved by adding a Preference setting "Explicit saving changes" which defaults to off. UlfLamping
That ECCN looks like a no-brainer to me: Network analyzers . . . . . . . . . . 3A002.e
The lady I spoke with at the BIS seemed to think that we'd still have to comply with the encryption section of the EAR -- Gerald