plugin ABI should be stable before 1.0 release
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
|* Cleanup source directories (plugins, packaging, ...)||* Cleanup source directories (plugins, packaging, asn1, ...)|
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
|* make plugin ABI stable, so binary plugins will be working with more than one Ethereal version|
Don't expect any timelines here, the Ethereal V1.0 release might still be far, far away!
A collection of things to be done before the 1.0 release of Ethereal.
- Use the "User's Guide" as the online help system for Ethereal releases
- Add some reasonable example files for filters, rules, ....
- Cleanup source directories (plugins, packaging, asn1, ...)
- Finish the native Windows interface and integrate it with the main trunk
- Security improvements
- Add privilege separation for POSIX environments
- Add a similar mechanism for the Windows environment
- Enhance the API to make it easier to write secure code (e.g. add tvb_get_gstring())?
- make plugin ABI stable, so binary plugins will be working with more than one Ethereal version
Things also desirable for the 1.0 release:
- documentation of library API's (e.g. wiretap)
- make some of the plugins regular dissectors?
- make the capture filter syntax the same as the display filter syntax?
... well, maybe all the points mentioned in the WishList!