Add links to requested revisions
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 58:||Line 58:|
|* [http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=22136 Rev 22135 & 22136] - GSM MAP fixes|
This is a tentative roadmap for stable releases of Wireshark up to 1.0 and beyond. It is by no means final, and there is no timeline.
Released: April 24, 2006
- Fix security-related Coverity bugs
- Add some reasonable example files for filters, rules, .... (Done in 14595)
- Fix Bugzilla "blocker" bugs
- Updated Lua for Windows. (GNU TLS/libgcrypt will be added pending an ECCN assignment from the U.S. Department of Commerce)
The 0.99.1 release has been abandoned, as discussed in [http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/200607/msg00001.html this thread] on the wireshark-dev list.
Released: July 17, 2006
- TCP reassembly updates
- Update the Net-SNMP library in the Windows distribution to 184.108.40.206.
- Fix blocker bugs:
[http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=852 852] - Follow TCP stream crashes on particular data with X Window System error
[http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=757 757] - Crashes when multiple tap interfaces exist
[http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=967 967] - crash on fuzzed SNMP capture
- Add the Portaudio library to the Windows distribution.
Released: Aug 23, 2006
- TCP reassembly updates
Determine our [http://www.bis.doc.gov/Licensing/Do_I_NeedAnECCN.html ECCN status], which [http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/200607/msg00303.html is done]
- Add GNU TLS and libgcrypt to the Windows installer
Released: Oct 31, 2006
- Finish TCP reassembly
Solve the Preferences/Filter "Save" button confusion. That's the last one on my "personal GUI list" that's regular confusing newbies IMHO. It's solved by adding a Preference setting "Explicit saving changes" which defaults to off. UlfLamping
[http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=396 396] - Saving flow data crashes Wireshark
[http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=699 699] - "Order" buttons not working properly in Coloring Rules window
[http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1050 1050], [http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1079 1079] - The HTTP dissector could crash
[http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1096 1096] - Wireshark fails to start on Windows when it can't acquire a crypto context.
- Fix fuzz bugs currently in Bugzilla
Released: Feb 1, 2007
- Update the Windows GTK+ package(s) to 2.10.
- Update the Windows GNUTLS package to 1.6.0.
Update the Windows PortAudio package to v19.
- Update the Windows Net-SNMP package to 5.4.
- Move cryptographic code to epan/crypto.
- Use the "User's Guide" as the online help system for Wireshark.
- Fix compiler warnings on various platforms (however, it might not be possible to remove ALL warnings on ALL compilers)
- Move over the following revisions:
[http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.py?view=rev&revision=22113 Rev 22113] - User Guide updates
[http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.py?view=rev&revision=22115 Rev 22115 & 22120] - Fix filter dialog->add expression dialog "hang" and console errors
[http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.py?view=rev&revision=22116 Rev 22116] - Have editcap and capinfos compile --without-plugins
[http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.py?view=rev&revision=22117 Rev 22117] - Developer Guide updates
[http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=22136 Rev 22135 & 22136] - GSM MAP fixes
- Fix several 802.11 decryption bugs:
[http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1584 Colon separators]
Fix [http://scan.coverity.com/ Coverity] bugs:
- Fix blocker bugs.
Updgrade to GTK+ 2.10.12 on the Windows build. This fixes a [http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=392015 menu display bug on Vista].
- Version checking.
- Windows updater.
- Finish capture privilege separation.
The cleanup version ...
- make plugin ABI stable, so binary plugins will be working with more than one Wireshark version
- Finish the native Windows interface and integrate it with the main trunk
- Make the capture filter syntax the same as the display filter syntax?
- Add privilege separation for dissection
- Add thread/multiprocessor support
... well, maybe all the points mentioned in the WishList!
- Security improvements (see also: ["Security"])
- Add privilege separation for POSIX environments (in progress)
- Add a similar mechanism for the Windows environment
- Enhance the API to make it easier to write secure code (e.g. add tvb_get_gstring())?
- Documentation of library API's (e.g. wiretap)
- Make some of the plugins regular dissectors?
Is the native Windows interface still a desirable target? - the Windows integration is pretty good in it's current form -- UlfLamping